Thursday, May 14, 2009

Slow Down Time...


Wow. Only 13 more days, and school is out. I'll no longer a sophomore. I'll be half-way done with high school. I'll be getting my class ring. Be able to go to prom. Be able to drive to school. Wear a blue lanyard. Take my first AP class. I'll be on my way to graduating before I know it, and I'll be gone away for college in 2 years.


Honestly, I want to slow down time. I don't want to grow up. I want to stay right here, this age, forever.


It's weird. I can vividly remember the Honors trip to Washington, DC I went on in 8th grade. Trying out for the middle school cheerleading team, and can remember how everything happened. It seems like yesterday I was stepping into high-school for the first time. Now, I'm about to be half-way done.


I don't like it. I get all sad..I'm actually crying as I right this. I can't seem to imagine myself in college, and not being able to see my parents face everyday. I wish I could slow down time. Yet, when I really think about it, I don't want it to go by slower. I want it to hurry and go faster. I want to be the first in the family to graduate medical school. I want to adopt a child from China. I'm ready for all this to happen, but I'm not.


Maybe I'm getting old. I think that's it. Isn't this what old people do? Sit here, and wish time would slow down. I have 28 days till my birthday. I'm starting to get wrinkles!! (NO LIE! - in between my eyes.) Also, when I walk, I creak (as in all you hear is click click click). Oh, I don't want to be old.

1 comment:

  1. You creak because you've beaten your body up in tumbling and cheering for too many years, girl. You don't have to grow up and move out yet!! In fact, you can live right here and go to med school, you know! That way you can still see mommy every day!

    ReplyDelete