Monday, May 11, 2009

Busy Busy Busy..

This weekend was amazing! It was very busy, but I like busy. Busy is good. I worked constantly this weekend. It was all worth it in the long run though.
Friday was Relay For Life. It was held by my school and another high school in our district. The theme was India and we had a few Indian girls from our school paint henna tattoos. Yes I got one. We ended up raising over $100 (they were $1-5per tattoo). At Relay For Life they do a Survivor lap around the track. I saw this girl about my age. She was in tears, and I realized how blessed I am that I don't have to go through what she does. Be in prayer for her and those who took that walk. They have to live with the fear of the cancer coming back.
Also on Friday was Incentive Field Day. It was something our school just started, but it was TONS of fun! We had wobbly-ball races, water balloon relays and field goals competitions. Of course we could do other things, so me and my friends went to the jumping pit, to build sandcastles. :) We also tried to get to the bottom of the pit, but never reached it. We also had a rough game of Ultimate Frisbee. My new favorite game.
Saturday, I woke up at 7, and headed to the church. We were building a wheelchair ramp at the home of one of the youth. She has Spina-Bifida. She is the sweetest girl. Becky had no idea we were coming to build her a ramp, so when she woke up to us hammering and sawing in her front yard, she got emotional. Then I went to the Lower State Softball Tournament. Our girls softball team is in it. They won. Whoo Hoo!!
Sunday was Mothers Day! But I spent the morning taking care of a few 3 year olds at church. I love kids! They are so fun at that age. Then I worked on a government project all day. So much for spending time with momma.
**Well I hope everyone had a great weekend, and that all the mothers who read this blog had a great mother's day! I'll be back soon with some funny stories from this weekend.**

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your weekend was as hectic as mine. But I agree, busy is fun. :)
    Can't wait to hear your stories.

    ReplyDelete