Monday, May 4, 2009

Climb On!

So not to long ago, we had an inspirational speaker come to my high school. His name was John Beede. Of course we all thought it would be a boring assembly. I would to beg differ! He taught us 4 success strategies. I want to share them with you because they have helped me...

THE CLIMB ON! Strategies for Success
1.Pick a Summit
2. Gear Up
3. Ascend It
4. Leave it Better Than You Found It.

He then had us write down a list of goals we wanted to accomplish. Here are two of mine...1) Get a A in English. 2)Make a A on an English test. English is very hard for me. Well I used these strategies. My Summit was to, well make a A in English and a A on an English test. I geared up by always being prepared. To Ascend, I studied hard, and I always paid attention. And I did the 4th step by helping my English teacher.

Well, we got our grades today....I'm pleased to tell them to you...
*Government Honors(a SENIOR class)- 91% B
*Spanish I-95% A (the highest grade in my class!!)
*Biology I Honors-101% A :) (future doctor in training here)
*Algebra II-96% A (the highest grade out of all my teacher's classes!)
I'M PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT MY ENGLISH GRADE IS A 93!!! THAT'S an A! I jumped up and down you guys! I'm pretty much the happiest girl in the world!
*Oh, and John Beede has a book.... "Climb On!" Its a great book, and he gets the points across by a story. You can buy a copy on his website.*

7 comments:

  1. Hello Darling! Nice job on the post today. And Daddy and I are EXTREMELY proud of your grades! Hang in there a few more weeks and 10th grade will be over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I know that A was hard-earned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo Hoo! Excellent job, DD! And, I love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! Awesome job! I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO!!!! that is great! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your A! English has always been my hardest class too.
    Hey, I'm taking a few of the same classes you are. Kool
    Keep up the great work. That's climbing business seems to do well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats 8-D Idk you you are exactly but thats ok. I hope to learn somethings by reading your blog. Brianna mentioned you so i cant wait to see what you blog about! Good Luck and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete